How dense is Ian Macfarlane?, page-11

1. 2,568 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Not sure how they sequester soil in carbon, only know that it is spoken of in presentations e.t.c.

Toyota/Kawasaki seem to have a joint project on this whilst Toshiba have a solo project. I know this only by looking at their respective promotional videos. They are deadly serious. Seems that their bean counters have decided tbat hydrogen produced from Victorian brown coal and shipped to Japan is the most cost-effective bulk supply solution for their hydrogen needs. Their preso also have the detail of ship building, port facilities and truck and local hydrogen fuel stations. They are building their first 'demo' size hydrogen fuel carrying ship already. So as far as the Japanese are concerned they are coming to get our brown coal hydrogen. Not sure if any one has told the Victorian government yet.

They claim hydrogen can be made just as safe as petrol, a highly flammable and explosive fuel in its on right. I think they have shot a few bullets into these fuel tanks and no problems.

Brown coal mined and fed into power stations is the lowest cost electrical power source by a fair way. Solar is several times more expensive for now. Not sure if the Japanese are particularly concerned with greenhouse gas emissions. They are just chasing the cheapest option, and also the cleanest burning for them. Hydrigen produced in Victoria from brown coal fits that bill.

Japan, Korea, Taiwan are all high per capia gdp countries that import transport fuel, and they can all develop major infrastructure efficiently. They are all carmakers. I expect they will be keen on the Hydrogen car.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.