How determine who is Indiginous., page-14

1. 81,460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Nations come and go but ethinicity stays''

I hear the words, but I can't understand that - emotionally.

I look forward to hearing you speak on that perhaps in the future - it's not the kind of discussion for here.

I profess to being very unclear on this stuff - I hear what aboriginals say, I hear what people like yourself say - and, I can't connect with that.

I've also met several people who just 'know' they are home ------------ in some place. It might be a place where they weren't born and where they never lived - but, instantly they have this strong connection - and, it never goes away. I don't know what that is.

I've had a fairly interesting experience personally with genetics and not so much feeling 'home' but with all sorts of coincidences - like the foods I like, the drinks, the clothes I like to wear and a heap of other things ------------- all connected to a certain area to which I'd never been and when I went there, I loved it

only later I found out that my genetic connection is stronger to that area than the present day locals. (yet I'm multi generational Ozzie)

It's not far from where I am now - and much of this country just feels right. It doesn't feel like 'home' but it feels 'right' - hard to describe.

I also spent a lot of time in the Oz outback, the subtropics, Tassie - there's some kind of inner love for it. The outback is interesting, there's this connection - but not connection. It's kind of like a very old connection, a very strong feeling, but it's old- like distant. Like sitting with an old friend who was very very close.

I've boiled it all down to that I'm just an earthling ------------- which kinda pisses me off that I have to carry a national passport - I'd be happy with an earthling passport

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.