Maybe this should be in the Philosophy section? I have been...

1. 47,115 Posts.
    Maybe this should be in the Philosophy section?

I have been thinking a lot lately about how the first life, the first self-replicating organism, came about.

I have read about Prions which arent alive just a protien that can self replicate.

I have read about RNA virus which are very basic but rely on a cell to invade, to be able to replicate.

I am more and more amazed the more I learn about the complexity and intricacy if even a very simple virus and how it replicates, and even these it could be argued arent really 'alive'.

Then you look at a very simple single cell organism, and realise it is still incredibly complex and that makes me wonder, how on Earth did this stuff arise from a planet that would have been absolutely sterile when it was first formed, and no matter how favourable the distance from the Sun and the abundance of chemicals that must have been available, to think that life arose on our planet seems impossible.

I'm not saying it came from outer space, because it could have, but that only kicks the can down the road. If it was created by God, that doesnt answer where He came from and how he did it.

The fact there is life on this planet is a genuine miracle, a true oddity imo. I have yet to hear any explanation that really makes sense on how it happened.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.