SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

how do hedge funds think?

1. drs
    1,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    gents

just had lunch with a friend of mine who knows how a hedge fund manager thinks first hand (thats al I will say about him). we chatted about SDL from a hedge fund managers point of view.

he said most of the hedge funds involved would be regretting their initial purchase. has turned out to be a dogs breakfast with way too much uncertainty.

he went on to say that the "decision makers" within the funds who decided to buy in would be under pressure from above on a regular basis to provide updates and possible solutions based on various outcomes.... adds up to daily stress

in other words, they will not press their position for a small upside gain above the 45c .... they will be grateful to be out so they can move on. Be under no illusion, jobs would be on the line if they choose incorrectly. Some have decided to cash out and some have reduced positions but some are still under water.

Gents, thats the nuts and bolts of the current situation for a hedge fund managers viewpoint ... if you were him would you accept 45c and move on or deal with daily uncertainty and pressure, not to mention your job if you fail?

Some of you (Matt747, Pandev) may not like this but guys its the facts - what would you do if you were them?

Cheers and good luck to all that HOLD Sdl - good times ahead..

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.