SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Hi All,I have been watching all the banter of late. I am...

1. 1,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 370
    Hi All,
    I have been watching all the banter of late. I am surprised no one is revisiting the statement of claim and making relevant comments.

https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/news-centre/find-a-media-release/2020-releases/20-312mr-asic-commences-proceedings-against-isignthis-and-its-managing-director-nickolas-john-karantzis/

I for one think ASIC might struggle with some of their claims. Not to say they won’t win a few points, but I can’t make sense of their argument based on known public information.

I think it is fair to say that the reporting of one off revenue would be measured against the listing rules and from what I know, there is no rule that specifically calls this out. The performance share’s being awarded and ASIC calling it personal gain, I don’t think stacks up. We know the document that exists at time of listing that called out the risks that performance shares could be awarded for low margin sales. I think unless there is a paper trail that says otherwise in internal emails and memos, how do you prove JK and team had did this at the expense of shareholders.

The comments/ representations in the investor presentation about one off costs vs other revenues. This could go either way for me. I feel that prosecuting this point is just knit picking, but I feel this point could be lost on arguments.

Further, the visa issue, this in my opinion was instigated through 3rd party intervention. This argument could go either way, but I feel that ASIC and ASX and VISA were overly involved in the creation of this whole saga.

If the calls of the day go against JK, then I assume a CEO could be appointed to the company as part of any future listing, so I feel all is not lost.

Blood will likely be shed by all parties.

I hope for all shareholders sake, we get a positive result, or a semi positive result that doesn’t impact where the company is today and it’s prospects for listing and future growth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.