how do we stop this madness ...

1. 5,822 Posts.
    Hmmm ... BHP's Olympic Dam expansion plans to mine the world's largest Uranium deposit with the aid of a pandering Howard sycophant.

For some filthy profit and handful of jobs ... BHP's Uranium project will see additional CO2 emissions equivalent to Adelaide's entire 1.5million population ... how do we stop this madness?

Climate Change Report – An Inconvenient Truth for SA
    February 16th, 2007 by Critical Times

by Mark Parnell

“Last night, the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released its 4th Report. The clear message is that climate change is real and must be addressed now. For South Australians, the Inconvenient Truth is that our State’s greenhouse gas emissions will continue to soar unless action is taken immediately.”

“The single biggest contributor to South Australia’s increasing emissions will be the proposed expansion of the BHP Billiton Olympic Dam mine at Roxby Downs. According to BHP’s own figures, the electricity requirements of the expansion (400MW) will be equivalent to every household in Adelaide combined. Unless the expansion is fuelled from renewable sources, this one project will undermine every other renewable energy and energy conservation initiative in the State.
    The proposed timeframe for the expansion of Roxby Downs is the same time frame that the world’s scientists say we should be making deep cuts in emissions.”

“To ensure real action now, Mike Rann needs to commit to legislating interim greenhouse gas reduction targets as well as the proposed 2050 target. He also needs to insist on the Roxby expansion being powered by renewable sources,” said Mark Parnell.

Visuals: See the Greens huge new Climate Change billboard towering over South Rd, Thebarton (Cnr West Thebarton Rd). Mark Parnell MLC and Sarah Hanson-Young (lead Greens senate candidate) will be at Kings Park – right across South Rd from the billboard at 11.30am today.

Posted in News, Local |
    **********************************************************************************

Cheers ... tight stops.

This is only my (radiophobic) view ... read the red stuff.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.