I've been buying and selling shares on Nasdaq over the last few...

1. 59 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I've been buying and selling shares on Nasdaq over the last few years, and it's causing a huge headache calculating gain or loss each year. I already had the same issue with ASX shares, which I frequently buy and sell the same share partially over the years but this foreign shares are getting even more complicated with the factor of exchange rate!!

Imaging you've bought/sold the same share over the years, so every financial year, you got work out how many sold, assigne appropriate cost price, and for every purchase order, you have to find out the exchange rate applied as well as interest rate accrued (AUD, USD...), forex expenses charged, management fee, or if you still have USD whether it's considered as investment, etc. etc. even more complicated if foreign tax applied...

Luckily I did make some money, but I'm really starting to doubt if this work effort really worth it? Especially if someone lost money but ended having to do all these math work!

Anyone here trading foreign stocks? What would you do? I've asked an accountant, he was quoting well over $1k for this.
    Last edited by alohame: 06/07/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.