MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

How do you intend to vote?

1. 781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    With the lack of any observable progress to speak of, this forum is kind of dead lately... Might it be timely and appropriate to start a bit of survey as to how people intend to vote when the time comes in relation to the in-specie distribution of MEC's interest, ie our shares, in PEP11?

I for one would like to get an idea of how the vote may go. This vote is a very big deal for MEC Resources and to the value and trade-ability of our interest in PEP11, which WILL get going eventually one way or another toward the next drill. Check the share price of MMR in the lead up to the first drill in December 2010 - and although I don't believe the SP will go as high in the lead up to the next drill, it's definitely not going to stay at 0.4 cents forever. And in the (unlikely but possible) event that they hit gas, the sky is no limit to how high it could go.

PDF status (assuming MMR still is a PDF) on our shares now means avoiding tax to the tune of 45% of half of of our gains (subject to income tax brackets and ownership of the shares for more than 12 months). A vote for the distribution is tantamount to giving away almost a quarter of the value of whatever gains arise between now and the next drill. Combine with that the uncertainty around when an Advent IPO might take place. Until an IPO, our shares will remain privately locked up in Advent Energy. There is nothing fair in this arrangement for MEC investors. I can't think of any upside to a distribution at this point in time. MEC and David Breeze should work together to make value for their shareholders, not make agreements like this that rip MEC investors off.

We need as many NO votes as possible, no matter how many shares you hold in MMR. If you do not hold shares in MEC Resources, please don't respond, or if you do please make it clear that you have no voting rights. I don't know whether the trading suspension will be lifted before the vote or not, so new investors could possibly come in before then.

So, the question ... Will you vote YES or NO to an in-specie distribution of MEC's shares in Advent Energy (PEP11)?

I will be voting NO to an in-specie distribution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.