SIR 0.00% $2.52 sirius resources nl

how does sir's value compare to wsa?

1. 24,765 Posts.
    Firstly, I hold shares in neither company.

I see that SIR has a market cap of nearly $500 million based on a handful of drilling and assay results.

Today SIR reported "35.56 metres @ 3.47% nickel, 1.44% copper and 0.1% cobalt from 293.4 metres."

I have to agree - that is an impressive drilling result.

However, Australia's third biggest nickel producer, dividend paying WSA has a market cap of $744 million. Only around $250 million more than SIR!!!

The way the SIR share price keeps jumping how long before SIR overtakes WSA?

For all the folks who believe the sky is the limit with SIR, it may pay to have a look at WSA's 8th. August Diggers & Dealers Presentation.

Here are a few quotes:

"Australia’s lowest cash cost nickel producer...

Australia’s third largest producer of nickel at 31,000 tonnes of nickel mined and 25,000 tonnes of nickel in concentrate produced

FY2012 – 373,726t @ 5.0% nickel for 18.5kt nickel

Continuous high grade Nickel to 1300m. Open at depth

Resource ore grades increase at depth from 3.9% to 5.8% Nickel

Announced intersection T7: 34.7m @ 8.9% Nickel

A proven dividend payer, with a strong balance sheet

Into its sixth consecutive year of production, eight consecutive quarter with no downside surprises..."

Just wondering how SIR compares?

After all, SIR is now only valued at $250 million less than WSA and plenty of folks are suggesting in this place that SIR should be valued considerably more than WSA - that's what talk of a one billion market cap in reality is ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.