BGL 6.50% $1.97 bellevue gold limited

how does this all work?

1. 1,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Ok. BGL are powering along, $300k per month ebitda and still growing we think.

CVA claim to be generating about $250k per month ebitda.

Now it gets foggy for me. Two former BGL execs have called a general meeting to vote to eject current CVA board. These guys hold about 19 percent. Current CVA dudes don't want to go and allude to the main reason for the challenge being a desire by the aggressors to merge or be acquired by BGL. This part makes corporate sense to me.

CVA now just announce a 6 cents per share capital return. Shares last traded at 10.5 cents. Reasonable sort of return from where I sit.

Obviously CVA under current guidance has no plans to expand their business in any great form or you would keep the $7+ million.

Where I am confused is this latest announcement an attempt to force BGL to make a play. If I was BGL and could secure enough of CVA I would like the 6 cents per share retained. I also gather that if successful in ditching the two current directors BGL are a good chance of securing CVA anyways.

In the interim if the motion to replace the directors doesn't get up the guys still control plenty and get a juicy capital return.

Another interesting fact is that even with the announcement of the cap return no one is buying. That is weird.

Can someone help and old Beerguy wrap his feeble brain around what is going on here? From what I can deduct I think it is all potentially good for BGL but I was obviouslsy out of the room getting another beer and missed a couple of crucial scenes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.97
Change
0.120(6.50%)
Mkt cap ! $2.313B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.90 $1.97 $1.90 $11.10M 5.739M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 29861 $1.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.97 16117 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.