GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

two things i liked about todays release.First, it confirms the...

1. 426 Posts.
    two things i liked about todays release.
    First, it confirms the glass panels and gives us an avenue to production. Until now they had talked about potential deals and it was all in-lab stuff. Its more real now it has a commercial partner. Still a good wait, but with another solid area of focus and another company making deal in place we do not have to live or die by Corus any more.
    Second, it confirmed the $75sqm figure. That is very nice.

It is a mistake to look at BP Solar as the enemy who are going to take us over and shut us down. If BP Solar target someone, they will target Corus, and this glass mob. They are the ones who will be going around the world saying "Dont use solar panels, use our colour bond and windows" They will be the ones taking BP market share.

Corus are the 5th biggest steel maker and these italians the biggest facade maker. The owner of Corus is right into "green" he has done heaps in India with solar and wind to get power to the villages.
    Neither is going to be a push over, even for BP.
    Even if they undercut or loss lead, they are different products, we are talking about the materials the building is made out of compared to big black ugly things on the roof.

For the whole time I have been here people look at Dyesol, see the word solar and say "as if their panels are going to be able to compete with the big guys" and it has always been wrong. Dyesol are the silicon company of the next generation of solar panels, they are not the panel manufacturer. Look at the size of the partners, not Dyesol itself, they are the ones who are going to be competing on the world stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.