AVR 0.00% $18.00 anteris technologies ltd

how far can we go? , page-38

1. 4,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Not a AHZ trader but stumbled across this post.

@Sam - I would be concerned that you've started shares only since November. Do you , or have you studied commerce? If you have little finance background, be careful.

You said in your reply to commando you're looking for a 2 month time frame as you need the funds in 2015. I do NOT believe it would be smart or viable to invest funds in a biotech that you know you need in that short a time frame.

The risk is high that it may not work, it may flop, some sort of disaster strucks etc etc. Sure it probably won't happen, I assume AHZ has risen immensely this last yr due to it NOT fittin these bills. But inherent in these companies, and a small company like this is the risk that your earnings are volatile. Sure alot know the stock well, but as a starter in the market, and with a known funds usage in 2 years, I would be wary of sticking much in here.

Even more, they say stick with what you know. If you don't know biotechs, how companies liek this etc run, you're basically gambling on a) what others are saying and b) momentum.

Or as others said they make money off stocks they don't know - technical analysis (momentum trading). In other words you're making money off others psychology, and indirectly the fundamentals of the stock if this is what is drivin the share price action (which then translates into the indicators flashing on technical charts).

I'm at work so I'll keep this short - but you need to work out what works best for you: fundamentals or technical analysis based decisions. Or, as some argue a combination of both.

There are uncountable amount of people who have gotten rich off the following: fundamental trading (buying undervalued companies , requiring you to assess their value and invest for the longer term), technical analysis , blue chips, speculatives, biotechs, one specific sector, one specific country, forex, derivatives etc.

Anyone that tells you that blue chips or something else is a waste of time - ignore. Find out what works for you. I have my own opinion on blue chips too, and yes I also believe it won't give you outstanding jumps in price as a speccie, but sometimes some 'bigger' companies jump a heap too. Different strategies, different combinations. Do what's right for you.

There is a 'general' market wisdom which you should follow until you can walk on your own two feet, and this may include blue chips, diversification, NOT buying anything not making a profit etc. these are ultimately little rules diff people utilise. They may or may not work for you, and not everyone who makes money uses them (some argue for a one stock only portfolio - after all how will you keep up with 30 different stock's news?) , but they are a general approach to staying safe.

With your beginning approach and what seems like your background DO NOT go into forex, derivatives, options etc. People do make money off this, but they are a dime a dozen. You can try, but know that the majority fail, it is extremely complex, and hard to do as a retail investor without significant background knowledge, training, software etc.

Not to say no ones done it. heck everyone's done something. but would you rather try a punt at a 1 in a million chance or something with better odds? There's a reason why most say leave it to the sophisticated investors or institutions.

As others say use this as a time to 'learn' and experience, not make a buck. Learn all the different 'mechanics' to make wealth, including losing money to learn lessons, and then one day you can choose what works for you, apply it and make big bucks.

Remember the golden rules of behavioural finance and keep in mind that when everyone is buying, everyone is selling, these 'pack mentalities' might be your downfall. Do not fall in love with a stock - what you said about AHZ doing great things for women is great, but at the end of the day that in itself isn't going to make you money. Nobody cares about that. It's what they sell, does it work? how much do they sell? how little expenses are they paying. All these 'financially' make up a company. Corporate responsibility does play a part, but largely it won't drive your share price up just because 'their down something great'. Sadly that's how the money works/follows.

If you are interested in 'trading' as you seem to be, keep in mind if you're working there are time constraints to trading short term if you can't even check a chart. If you horizon is longer and you want to chart every night after COB, then adjust accordingly. but whatever it is stay grounded. A million people want to be a day trader and many never find it. Not to be negative, but remember easy money just doesn't exist for most so be prepared to pay for it (learn it) the hard way. Good luck, and hopefully you'll meet all your financial goals.

I would recommend bell direct for $15 trades , for under $10k? $15k? forgot the threshold. But it beats the $30 a trade in my westpac account etc.IF all you need is someone to put those buy/sell orders through they do a good job, I heard CMC does $10 trades still.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.00
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $346.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.00 $18.10 $17.70 $58.64K 3.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 109 $18.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.10 700 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.