how far is the us from food shortages or riots, page-22

1. 498 Posts.
    "Bonner sums it up 'beautifully'."

I disagree.
    Is Bonner an economist? Typical. He's blameing economics.

"An Abundance of Paper Money is Causing Food Prices to Soar"

What the hell is that comment supposed to mean? Paper money? But I am just a dumb farmer. Economists making decisions about food supply and population growth and such frighten me. Do they know how food is produced? It's dependance on oil?

The reasons for increasing food prices are simple. Food production growth is platueing out, while demand is increasing exponentially. Plus increasing oil costs. As if food wasn't going to sky rocket with oil prices. Any one with half a brain could see that was going to happen.

And biofuel isn't the problem. Biofuel production only happens when grain is priced at below cost of production. If farmers are being screwed by low grain prices, why shouldn't they get the best price they can? Now that grain has risen to it's true value, you wont see much biofuel production unless it's subsidised.

Over population is the problem here and it's about time everyone stopped being politically correct and stated the bloody truth. The catholics and muslems need to wake up to themselves

Thank goodness Australia is an island. We just have to increase our boarder protection, and sit out the looming human disaster.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.