how far will rates fall, page-4

1. 967 Posts.
    My prediction is .5% - retail - a huge employment sector is doing it tough. Anything less than that shows a distinct lack of leadership - I also reckon there is a hell of a lot of dough in the Australian economy and the banks need to start lending again.A good drop will help consumer confidence. Slow rises run the risk of too little too late.

Were it not for the resources sector we would be in real trouble by now and that needs to be the decision making criteria. Major states are just not doing as well as resource states and many in resource states are suffering because of the boom in those states.Things are a hell of a lot worse than realised in business in general.

LE - like you I am noticing in a number of circles , some very well heeled , a move to IP , many business people realise a buy and hold policy with shares does not work but real estate is a good passive long term investment. Shares have to be watched - property has so many benefits in the long term that are just incomparable. This process has only just begun.

Warnie - what a classic tale. So many on HC are scared of their own shadow as an excuse to do nought.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.