Glug,RamPage01, good luck trying to load some of today's...

1. 2,458 Posts.
    Glug,

RamPage01, good luck trying to load some of today's webpages on a 56k modem, let alone trying to do more than a single task at a time.

RamPage01, did you bother to look at any of the videos I posted that showed how people are currently working from home?

Here is a snap of how the old BBS looked.

That was my whole point, the bottle neck was occurring at the 56k modem and not the copper phone line connected to the home.

and yes I remember BBS days well, always on the scrounge for the latest drivers and testing strings for the modem in the hunt for more speed, those days are long gone.

I can remember the days when one would not hook on to a 10meg file because it would take forrrrrrrrr everrrrrrr, now a 100meg still or 5gig movie no problems

and yes I did view your videos and none of them convinced me that fiber optic to the home was required.

Example, My wife is employed by a large international group, she floats around Australia selling her wares with her trusty wireless laptop, hooks into the company server in Melbourne, data input, video conferencing the lot, she's been doing it for eight years now.

Your trouble is you want the shiny new expensive one and demand every one else help you pay for it.

I'll tell you now, I don't expect you to subsidize my life style so at least do me the courtesy of not demanding I subsidize your life style.

You are like a car salesman that waves fluffy glossies in one's face and then tosses a load of rubbery numbers around whilst dehumanizing one's old car.

and your snap of an old BBS is dated Wednesday 18 April 2012, I'd change ISP's if I was you.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.