NST 1.04% $16.51 northern star resources ltd

how fortunes are made ..., page-43

1. 2,815 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    BBB you said, "Mainholm, that is a very arrogant response".

That makes me laugh BBB because I was being deliberately supercilious in response to your nonsense that NST are not "generating cash". I suspected you had a hidden agenda causing you to spruik such nonsense (you have now declared that you have a short position!).

Coming on a forum and making false claims under the guise of creating a debate in order to support your position is the height of arrogance and deserved my supercilious response.

NST generated $65m operating cash last FY. I have pointed out your many flaws in argument and your only real comeback was to call me academic in the first instance and now call me arrogant. Your flawed knowledge is evident to me. Your inability to value a company's share price is evident to me. Leaving market sentiment aside for a moment, which is really the main driver for share price anyway, you seem to misunderstand that a share price is an accretive value and not a market value of the underlying assets at that point in time.

Thanks for the laugh about NST not generating any cash. As I have said, NST have decided to invest the cash they generated rather than just put it into the bank.

And as for your stated motives for Barrick selling up then I also suggest you DYOR and get that one correct as well. On the available public evidence it seems that Barrick is selling assets to reduce debt in order to avoid a downgrade in their credit rating. From that it is not hard to deduce that Barrick are negotiating from a position of weakness and NST are negotiating from a position of strength. Combined with a severely depressed market for gold mining assets it is easy to realise that NST are most likely getting huge bargain basement acquisitions. Common sense indicates that without the need for any intimate details.

Good luck with your short position.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.51
Change
0.170(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $18.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.32 $16.52 $16.24 $46.90M 2.847M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10100 $16.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.51 8276 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.