TLS 0.00% $3.82 telstra group limited

how good is telstra, page-17

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    regular asx said:
    "- the US market has been pushing up day after day (there must be a breather soon).

I agree there is usually a bit of correction after a strong rise, but since the US daily increase has been only a fraction of a percent lately, it looks to me like a consolidation at current levels. It seems US market is marking time, waiting for direction impetus.

IMO Telstra SP is lot more controlled by current situation in Oz, rather than US market. Unless there is sharp correction in US, I am comfortable with TLS at current levels.

In the immediate future I think that, by and large, ATM we have Future Fund and profit takers who bought at lower SP as sellers and super funds and instos as buyers.
    The dividend and ex date is the X factor 1 and NBN is the X factor 2. Which one will be first and how much it will affect SP is the crux.

I do not think personally that completing the NBN deal will add 50c to the price instantly, as some posters hope, because it is practically in the bag and largely priced to current SP IMO. So while it will be a positive and should put a floor under SP, it probably will not move the SP much on the day of the announcement in the same way the SP was not changed much today after the result were published.
    I hope I am wrong. Being practical and conservative, I am always pleasantly surprised if proven incorrect. I do not get annoyed with my self if I am making more money than expected.

Remember expectation is always greater than realization.
    Buy the rumor, sell the fact is another investment maxim that comes to mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.82
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.13B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.83 $3.85 $3.80 $81.46M 21.29M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 337439 $3.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.83 404931 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.