how good is this guy???

1. Yak
    13,672 Posts.
    To score 81 in the NBA....consider how good he must be.

Mind boggling....

Having said that I also had the privilege of watching Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain amass his 100.

He shot a career foul shot average of about 60% (awful) yet on that night I think he hit 27 of 30!!

Some people are born to make history!!!

Electric Bryant scores 81 points
    January 23, 2006

KOBE Bryant scored 81 points – the second-highest personal tally in one match in National Basketball Association history – as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated Toronto 122-104 today.

All smiles ... Bryant enjoyed a big day out against the Raptors. Pic: Reuters

Only Wilt Chamberlain's 100 points, for Philadelphia against New York on March 2, 1962, tops Bryant's tally.

Bryant, 27, previously had a best of 62 points, against Dallas on December 20 – when he played only three quarters.

"I was a little tired at the end, but I was motivated," Bryant said.

Bryant scored 26 points in the first half then erupted for 55 in the second – four short of Chamberlain's record for points in a half.

Bryant made 28 of 46 shots – including seven of 13 three-point shots – and 18 of 20 free throws.

With just under five minutes left, and the Lakers leading 108-96, Bryant knocked down a three-point shot to join Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, David Thompson and David Robinson in the 70-point club – a milestone Michael Jordan never reached.

Bryant drilled a short jumper on the ensuing possession to break Baylor's Lakers record of 71 points, established against the Knicks on November 15, 1960.

After making a lay up with 3min 26sec remaining to reach 74 points, Bryant made his last seven points from the free-throw line.

He sank a pair of free throws with 43 seconds left to complete his magical performance before exiting the court to a huge ovation with 4.2sec to play.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.