MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

This is one zone in the mine which has received good coverage in...

1. UFX
    1,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    This is one zone in the mine which has received good coverage in public announcements. For Newbee's to MCO, this zone is currently under developement and will hopefully be ready for stoping around the time of the plant start up. They already have the Maxwell Zone ready for stoping, so it seems that both will be mined simultaneously.

This zone is locateed in Sub-level 7 and level 7 ie at a depth of approximately 230m. Once mining begins, ore will be delivered to 9 level via a rise and via 9 level to the shaft. The last quarterly mentioned that current developement is concentrating on getting the ore pass ready to level 9 and also establishing access to level 7.

There are some nice snippets on this zone in the past quarterlys as well. The exploration report in2008 has the best information.

The Whitelaw and Kenny Reefs are sub-parallel and between 7 - 12m apart.

They both are structurally related to the Eastern footwall dyke contact.

The mineralised strike length is +200m for both Kenny and Whitelaw and are open in all directions.

The Eastern side of Whitelaws reef was richer especially at the dyke contact, so it can be assumed the saame applies to the Kenny reef.

Channel sampling yielded 41g/t in 2007 in 7 sub level.

The JOC reeport states Kenny's grade at 18.78g/t and tonnages at 19,970 Tonnes.

The last quarterly had the face samples of what I'm assuming to be a more recent sampling on the plan view of the old workings at 7 sub level. I counted 37 samples divided by a total of 1467.35g giving a grade of 39.66g/t. That correlates very nicely with what was announced 3 years ago for the average grade in the channel sampling. The 37 samples would add up to a total weight of 129.5kg if the average face sample weight was 3.5kg.It was reported that they ranged between 2-5kg each. 129.5 is afairly decent bulk sample so its indicating bonanza grades.

Also we have to consider that all the samples were taken off the edges of old developements which the former Western Mining decided were not worth mining at the time. The probabilities of better face sample grades with developement increase as is obvious from MCO's 2008 drilling program.

Also we have to consider that historically in the mine from 1000's of stope face, drill core, and head grade assay results, the grades were 32% higher for mill recovered grade compared to face sample assay grades. That approximate 40g/t grade for face and channel, may well end up being 53g/t head grade.

The drill results tell a beautiful story as well. From past announcements, I found the grade for a total of 38 intercepts in this zone. I also counted 6 drill holes which didn't register gold in reef, so we have 44 samples including the amazizng 17,608g/t intercept. I'm going to discard that one because it skews the results too much. In this sample group, there are 20 samples which don't have the exact grade, but are indicated by a range of 2-5g/t. I have allocated each of these with 3.5g/t. The result is an average grade of 43.96g/t. If the 17,608g/t sample is included and diluted 20 times to represent a ggod thickness of 500mm, the average grade for all the drilling goes up to 62.97g/t.

We also have to consider that some of these intercepts would have come from Whitelaws Reef which on average yielded lower grades, so the upside increases for the Kenny Reef.

We also know that drill core by MCO is cut in half and visually the least mineralised half is sent for assaying.

Also if we apply the results from the grade factor study attached to the JORC report, the head grades were consistently 250% to 650% higher than drill intersection assays. I will not guess what factor to apply, but as is blatantly obvious, the head grade will be fantastic.

I only found 6 drill thicknesses and they will not represent true thicknesses but close enough. They were 110,100,500,300,550, and 600mm so the average thickness from this sample of 6 is 360mm for the Kenny Reef. The Kenny Reef is reported to be a laminated type of reef so it may be similiar to Maxwells reef.

About tonnages, I think this reef has great potential to surprise everyone. I think the Kenny has hugged and possibly merged in parts in with the Whitelaws Reef for most of the shear zone. The chief mentioned some time ago that both were historically probably mined as the Whitelaws reef. The whitelaws shear zone is a particularly large one with a considerable displacement. The fact that both Whitelaw's and Kenny are structurally very related makes me think that the zone is likely to continue. It is totally open to the NE so its got scope to eclipse the estimates from 2 years ago.

The current JORC is based on this current information and it does not include grade factoring. I don't understand enough about the JORC structure for this type of mineralisation to comment much, but what I do understand is it will always massively under estimate the resource.

We will find out soon what comes out of this zone. IMHO this zone will be the richest in the mine.

Ari

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.