LIN "Chookbrger, what do you mean "plus accountant fees are just...

1. 262 Posts.
    LIN "Chookbrger, what do you mean "plus accountant fees are just a business expanse which you can claim unlike Managed financial adviser & the funds industry"?

Simple accountants charge an upfront fee for a service $1000-$2500 SMSF tax return auditing etc & a guaranteed service.
    If you give a financial planner $50k to invest in a product or fund (what ever you want to call it), financial planners get their cut the fund takes its cut, upfront... regardless of performance plus to make it more insidious if it all goes well & the fund beats the asx 200 benchmark
    (or whatever other simple benchmark that could be replicated via an etf) hardly hard, than they skim more of your profits as a bonus.

That Lin is the fact your already behind when you use a product rather than an LIC or etf,

LIN "Upfront advice fees are not tax deductible"

Investment software is a business expense, so is advice, neither are tax deductible. whats your point?

Lin"Any ongoing fees or costs deducted from income are (in effect) deductible if the taxable income is therefore reduced."

Yes their seems to be a lot of "taxable income is therefore reduced." within the funds /financial planner industry.

My SMSF has collected the sept divs & been in cash since, no hurry to reenter fully I do not like volatility, report season is finished, i do not like BUY & HOPE If you have a financial product no hope of avoiding , plus the fund managers all the way down to financial planners will get paid for your negative returns for the next year

Funny

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.