Chookie, I'm not going to waste too much time on this, as you...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Chookie, I'm not going to waste too much time on this, as you seem to be using this forum to vent your spleen about something. However, you asked for a response.

It's not the simple accountants that charge $2500, it's the smart ones. I know how much it costs them to do the return and it's heaps less.
    Generally, the fund only takes an upfront cut if you authorise it. Many (unless working in a bank) Planners these days may/not charge an upfront fee to implement investments or there may be a separate fee (unless their name is Mr/Ms Salvation Army), just like you pay brokerage to Commsec etc when you buy / sell, irrespective of the performance.

Using a managed fund that just replicates the ASX200 is generally not cost-effective these days, but not all ETF's exactly replicate other indices, nor is it always desirable to be replicating an index - it's a personal choice.
    However, not everyone is able to use ETF's or LIC's in their investment structure, so it may be an invalid argument.

You said"plus accountant fees are just a business expanse which you can claim unlike Managed financial adviser & the funds industry. " My point is that your statement is not actually correct and I've explained how. Upfront advice is NOT a business expense, as far as I am aware.

You said "Yes their seems to be a lot of "taxable income is therefore reduced." within the funds /financial planner industry." Firstly, you could acknowledge you agree. Secondly, that's a fairly general statement and you haven't quantified 'lot'.

You have stated your posi regarding moving to cash. Are you aware that this option should be available in almost all other type of super funds (except defined benefit)? So yes, you do have hope of avoiding, if you want to. Which makes your later statement a bit of an uneducated and ill-informed comment suitable perhaps for the lazy & mindless masses that get a 'lot' of their information and 'education' from the 6.30 TV programmes:
    "However it is good to have no losses every year in my accumulation phase, not many managed super funds can say the same."
    I rest my case ;}

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.