NET 0.00% 0.3¢ netlinkz limited

>As to whether the NET software has any value will depend on...

1. 206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    >As to whether the NET software has any value will depend on what people are
    >prepared to pay for it. This will have little to do with what you think or I
    >think.of the software.

That is just not true. You have only convinced yourself of that because you do not understand the technology.

Imagine a company which pops up making a technology you do understand. Tea brewing and pouring vessels. This company claims to have mastered tea vessel technology. Their tea vessels are better than the decades worth of tea vessels which have gone before them. They brew tea faster. They use less energy. The tea tastes better. The company produces glossy presentations describing the advantages of their tea brewing technology, and reminds you that in their primary market, China, there are hundreds of millions of tea drinkers.

Intrigued, you start your research, at which point it quickly becomes apparent to you that they are able to make these claims because there is a detail they are not putting in their presentations: their new, world conquering, miracle tea vessel technology is made of chocolate!

Are you still keen to invest? I mean, it all depends on sales and the prospect of future sales, right?

You might think this is a fatuous analogy, but it is not. To a network administrator who has looked at the VIN technology, the analogy is spot on accurate and explains perfectly why the product never sold in the west. Glossy presentations might suck in investors, but if you put a chocolate teapot in front of someone who knows about making tea, they are not going to buy it because they can see the fundamental flaw. Unless, maybe, they are outlawed from buying metal teapots and the chocolate ones are the only ones available on the tightly controlled market?

>I note your comments, but wonder about your motivation.

Can you really not countenance the idea that someone who has spent a lot of time researching a stock, and who is an expert in the field, might not want to share the results of that research? We invest to make money, obviously, but we comment on these topics because debate is interesting and entertaining, and we might learn something. Life must be dull for people who just want to live in an echo chamber.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.