XJO 0.12% 7,980.4 s&p/asx 200

how high this rally, page-3

1. 78 Posts.
    Well, I don't claim to know much about anything, really. However, I have been trading futures on and off for about 20 years, and have been quite profitable overall. I'm not always in the market, but tend to be attracted when the market's getting a bit irrational. The last weeks have been lucrative, and I'm thinking the next one or two may also be. My bets are always based on imperfect knowledge, call them "hunches" if you like, but I am guided more by fundamentals than by chartss - sometimes it's just a matter of seeing the woods for the trees.

And, like you it seems, I'm interested to hear the thoughts and opinions of those with whom I may not agree with, or even share the same broad world-view. Yes, I think technical analysis is mostly hokum, but there is enough residual truth in it to pay attention to what chartists are thinking... if only because their beliefs have consequences in moving markets as well.

For example, I was impressed by the way the Aussie dollar recently broke down after it fell through the 200MA. "Ah" say the chartists "see -- it works!" For me, it was simply proof that a lot of chartists had put their stops just on or below at the 200MA. ;-)

So yes, as you have already guessed, I'm not into Gann, or Elliott wave theory, or astrology, or augury for that matter. But who cares? At the end of the day, it's where you place your bets that matters, not how you came to form your beliefs. So what do you think? Where's this rally going to peak?

-Mark

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.