SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Hi @ChillingOut, My mirroring in the first sentence was...

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4424

Hi @ChillingOut, My mirroring in the first sentence was intentional. Please read again. It was your last paragraph that I thought was condescending to ISX poster/readers. You said, "If they win and are awarded damages, the judgment sum doesn't get divvied up pro rata for shareholders. If it is a sum, no matter how significant or otherwise, one assumes that it will go back into the business for the benefit of the Company and, ultimately, for the benefit of all the shareholders. All food for thought. " Really, do you think there are people that think a company's damages would "get divvied up pro-rata"?

I am not familiar with the particulars of ISX's evidence or the methodology nor have I asked for it. What I do know is that the claim against ASX is confidential and, no, I do not receive nor do I ask for confidential information. I ask and expect to get only that which would be provided to any shareholder that asks a question. As I said in my last post, I have confidence that ISX would have been advised and would have produced a damages claim to a standard that HWLE felt would hold up in court.

And concerning the courts - I, for one, have had enough experience with the courts over time to know intimately that the law does not feel, it intellectualises. And yes, I am a bit lite on procedures although I did act as my company's lawyer in Federal Court in the late 1980's on a complex matter against a Barrister and two lawyers - and won. I didn't do it because I didn't respect lawyers, it was because it was an IT matter and the lawyers in the late 1980's just didn't understand IT issues at the time.

I generally respect and appreciate your knowledgeable posts. And I do think that your posts are without malice. It was just that this one was a tad bit on the "preachy" side.
    Last edited by itzgr82balive: 23/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.