IBG 0.00% 0.3¢ ironbark zinc ltd

Naked short selling is illegal in Australia.Intraday shorts go...

1. 1,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1242
    Naked short selling is illegal in Australia.

Intraday shorts go unreported, but shorts held over a day are reported. As yatchy said, there are currently no shorts on IBG. The few times IBG was shorted, it was brief and small. Sort of makes me think of football...

It'd be foolish for anyone to short IBG, assuming they can find stock to borrow. Why? Because with the recent CR, IBG is now an ongoing concern. They are already a microcap, and most days trades on thin volume. The work under pinning the DFS has value. Etc, etc. So all up, the SP downside is limited. However, the upside is potentially huge. Not guaranteed. But not an outside longshot either. Together, this makes IBG a terrible and highly unlikely short target. If anyone does short it, I'd be surprised if its more than a few hundred K, and its most likely some idiot amateur.

Our current SP doldrums, IMHO is due to a combination:

• uncertainty about the future debt to equity ratio, ie how big and at what SP will the big CR be
    • disgruntled trapped LT holders exiting
    • low IBG profile (currently)
    • retail misunderstanding NPV
    • IBG's long history of failure
    • concern about future zinc prices (ie profitability)
    • concern about location
    • TA, ie the gap (now closed), and the CR price (SPs often fall to the CR price)

I believe there is a strong future for Zinc, and powerful geopolitical forces are at play, both of which will see IBG mining. The EXIM offer is huge, but IMHO, it may take some time for the news to sink in. When it does, I think the reaction will be swift. As always, reward comes with risk.
    Last edited by redapplecarts: 17/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.500M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 7431551 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 28403238 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.