CCU 0.00% 5.8¢ cobar consolidated resources limited

The difficulty with this stock is just as you get nervous and...

1. 3,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1807
    The difficulty with this stock is just as you get nervous and consider selling, the depth drops right out. This is sliding on tiny volume and it's pretty typical behaviour for CCU.

As soon as we get a good announcement the volume will pick up. Also, remember that June is the time to crystallise those tax losses. There must be a lot of people who bought $1+ who would be considering this now.

As an aside, I spoke to my mate from JP Morgan who runs a mining investment fund (as discussed earlier) He confirmed with me that his fund had bought in. This is an investment arm that takes client's money and invests it in the business with the aim of producing a return for their investors.

He did confirm with me that there are many funds within JPM and they all serve different roles within the business, but I didn't discuss the whole "silver market manipulation" concept as it was a heavy topic for a guy who just been in China with clients for a week and just wanted to go to bed.

He basically said to me "It's a great stock to be in, it's been talked about a lot in a positive light within the industry and the guys have their heads screwed on."

He also had a discussion about wider economic factors and gave me a caution about how things are - He is anticipating a big crash this year (he is sitting in cash) and that the USD will rise on the back of the crash. PMs won't be immune, he said, because a significant proportion of the PMs traded within commodities funds bundled with other metals such as copper.

That's ignoring the whole money printing/QE debate of course, which I mentioned to him, but he said, basically the US has been deflated and now yields on things like housing are high (12% as opposed to 2.5% in Aust) so the money will start to chase the yields soon. The cost of manufacturing in labour in the US is also so low companies might get the idea that they should rebuild their manufacturing capacity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.