CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Thanks SylWhy methane? As you stated"Now a lot of you guys may...

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    Thanks Syl

Why methane? As you stated

"Now a lot of you guys may be thinking why methane, why not just straight H2? because methane is a renewable source of energy, you can get that from landfill, biogas. And THE MAIN IMPORTANT THING IS INFRASTRUCTURE, the develop world already have methane pipe infrastructure and its so much more easier & cheaper to maintain than a coal power station."

All statements above are correct however it's all about H2. H2 is hard to come by on it's own so it needs to be produced somehow. Electrolysis is very inefficient and expensive.

Methane reforming is the answer. Producing H2 using this method is more efficient.

However just because something is more efficient doesn't necessarily make it viable. Now as you say, since methane is in abundance, renewable, transportable and cheap this is what makes methane an attractive fuel source.

I'll add another note to those who are concerned about the price of natural gas rising. Even if the price of natural gas goes up, remember everything else is also probably going up, including the price of electricity. So in relative terms you are still better off.

It's like complaining that LPG has gone up and is now expensive - but wait a minute - does that mean you'll switch to petrol which has also risen? I think not.

cheers and best of luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.