EPG 0.00% 41.0¢ european gas limited

G'day RogerI was trying to have an EPG free night! You just had...

1. 37,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407

G'day Roger

I was trying to have an EPG free night! You just had to post didnt you lol!

In point form;

1. America has the most advanced coal bed methane (CBM) companies ... mid size players have mkt caps of US $3 to $30B and report net earnings of $100M to abt $1B.
    2. There are reportedly over 6000 producing wells in America. A big part of the reason for the success of CBM in America is their development of well installation and completion technologies which can fracture and joint coal seams to improve seam permeability and gas flows. The big advantage of that is that they can significantly reduce the risk of drilling tight, low flow wells. Of course a naturally occuring high permeability seam is a definite advantage.
    3. In conventional hydocarbon gas reserves, lithology and structural geology are crucial features of resevoir formation and well locations are critical to success. However CBM "resevoirs" are associated with horizontally extensive coal seams and preferably vertical sequences of horizontal coal seams and so well locations are a lot less critical. In fact, the limiting thing can be gaining access to sufficient locations to extract the gas from a wide area.
    4. Many millions and in some cases tens of millions of dollars can go into a single conventional hydrocarbon gas well and investors sweat drilling and test results. In CBM operations, I understand completed wells can cost in the range of tens of thousands to several hundred thousands of dollars and I havent read of too many negative drilling and results.

That'l have to do for now .. hope that is a start for you.

Cheers
    Poyndexter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.