how is this t-shirt racist?, page-104

1. 6,764 Posts.
    all4

i think you really need to get a reality check,as much as it may hurt.if are you seriously interested in the subject do some serious research.your local library would be a good inexpensive start where you will find a mountain of information written by Australian historians and war time officers not ex British generals of that era

i am as proud as anyone of our contribution to both war efforts and those since.myself and my family, two of which are presently serving in the forces attend Anzac day service every year in Perths Kings Park and i am in no way attempting to tarnish the individual bravery of some of the diggers,but most of what we are being fed is a myth.

many like myself recognise that but still celebrate their memory

i have read 'more pork pies than bully beef' and many more books where they tell a completly different story about 'all diggers being great horseman with rifles at the ready' etc,etc.the reality was that less than 7% knew one end of a horse from another let alone a gun.

of the 20,000 diggers who landed 25% were not even Australian,of that 25% the bulk were British nationals who had never fired a gun in their life and were certainly no men from the 'snowy river' and like the others volunteers
    who received very basic training before being shipped out to the slaughter

the total lack of discipline was no act of 'larikanism', pack rapes was no 'larikanism' acts of undiscipline was no British complaint alone, but also those of the French,Canadian and other allied officers

some 8000 diggers were killed on Gallipoli's beaches which was tragic,but no less tragic than the other 70,000 allied troops or the 90,000 turks killed

educate yourself or remain in school boy adulation and ignorance,i really dont care

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.