How did Jesus respond to Satan's desire to receive worship?...

1. 5,245 Posts.
    How did Jesus respond to Satan's desire to receive worship?
    (Matthew 4:10) Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Only Jehovah, ''him alone'' must be given worship, not Mary or any of the 'saints', and certainly not Satan.

First of all MrG, no bible has Mat 4:10, as "Jehovah" it's only the NWT which has been doctored to reflect watchtower teaching, see below bible verses, why don't you put things in the right prospective first instead of just taking in blindly what the watchtower tells you.

Second you are showing your ignorance and bigotry, plus, I get a hint of you getting frustrated as you are constantly being caught out.

I will tell you this Mary and the Saints are nothing but humans / creature like you and me, no one worships them, if they do it's against church teaching.

Do yourself a favor and please do show where the CC says we are to worship Mary, honor her as the mother of Jesus yes by all means, but not worship, this is only ignorant protestant's hog wash trying to get the upper hand .... so sorry MrG

King James Version
    4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

American Standard Version
    4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Bible in Basic English
    4:10 Then said Jesus to him, Away, Satan: for it is in the Writings, Give worship to the Lord your God and be his servant only.

Darby's English Translation
    4:10 Then says Jesus to him, Get thee away, Satan, for it is written, Thou shalt do homage to the Lord thy God, and him alone shalt thou serve.

Douay Rheims
    4:10 Then Jesus saith to him: Begone, Satan: for it is written, The Lord thy God shalt thou adore, and him only shalt thou serve.

Noah Webster Bible
    4:10 Then saith Jesus to him, Be gone, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Weymouth New Testament
    4:10 'Begone, Satan!' Jesus replied; 'for it is written, 'To the Lord thy God thou shalt do homage, and to Him alone shalt thou render worship.''

World English Bible
    4:10 Then Jesus said to him, 'Get behind me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.''

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.