Judaism rejects Jesus as their prophesied Messiah for good...

1. 11,852 Posts.
    Judaism rejects Jesus as their prophesied Messiah for good reasons. Jesus simply does not fit the requirements or attributes of their described Messiah.
       ------------------------
    Judaism is united on their rejection of Jesus as the Messiah, but on very little else. The Encyclopædia Judaica explains: “Jewish ideology in the Middle Ages did not receive from the ancient period a coherent, unified concept of the Messiah, . . . and talmudic literature and the various Midrashim included many contrasting views.”
      Even Jesus' enemies could not dispute Jesus was a legitimate heir to the throne. Since the Romans destroyed the temple along with the genealogical records in 70 CE it will be impossible to identify anyone's future claim to being son of David as did Jesus.

(Matthew 22:41-46) Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them:  “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?” They said to him: “David’s.”  He asked them: “How is it, then, that David under inspiration calls him Lord, saying,  ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’?  If, then, David calls him Lord, how is he his son?”  And nobody was able to say a word in reply to him, and from that day on, no one dared to question him any further.

The  Pharisees were unable to deny Jesus' genealogy traced back to David. The Messiah had to be ''cut off '' before the temple was destroyed.
    (Daniel 9:26) “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself.
    “And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations.

Jesus fulfilled Bible prophecies but not the hopes of the factions of Judaism. No future claims can be verified.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.