Yes, I'm going to give myself an uppercut for missing...

1. 6,494 Posts.
    Yes, I'm going to give myself an uppercut for missing Scientology. Apart from movements like Branch Dravidians, Heaven's Gate, Jim Jones and the People's Temple, Scientology is the mother of all crack-pot religions. The clown who invented it did so on the pages of his very ordinary Sci Fi books.

That old Lafayette Hubble even told associates that he was going to invent a religion because it was a way of making money because his books were so ordinary and unlikely to ever earn him the power and wealth he craved.

Many religions have that same personality type in the foundations of their movement. The JW have Judge Rutherford, who wasn't a Judge, rather he sat in a few times when a real Judge was away and they gave him the title as a joke, a bit like Colonel Sanders.

This is L Ron the war hero -

That night, Hubbard ordered his crew to fire 35 depth charges and a number of gun rounds at what he believed were Japanese submarines. His ship sustained minor damage and three crew were injured. Having run out of depth charges and with the presence of a submarine still unconfirmed by other ships, Hubbard's ship was ordered back to port. A navy report concluded that "there was no submarine in the area." A decade later, Hubbard claimed in his Scientology lectures that he had sunk a Japanese submarine and he was a war hero.

So he was a Walter Mitty, a fantasist and now today this empire is run by a pair of dwarfs, Miscavige, a truely nasty piece of work, in my opinion and couch-jumping Tom, the 5 foot acting ego.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.