I agree that you still should have been interviewed as I believe...

1. 41,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I agree that you still should have been interviewed as I believe that its important to hear all sides of a given question... hence I see your point.

However it does indicate your personal motive for disliking the ABC and your perception of bias.

As for Hanson, Abbott etc... I get the impression that the ABC don't like to expose some particularly sensitive people to ridicule. Only my impression, yet this is backed up by my viewings of interviews with both where they made such ludicrous comments as to severely embarrass themselves. As for Mark Latham, he hasn't been on the Drum... I would guess that he feared examination of his views. Sky gives him unfettered freedom to express himself without critical examination so why would he go on a program that would likely expose him for the fake media prima Dona that he is?

The Drum doesn't have active politicians. They invite people like former Howard Minister, Amanda Vanstone... former politicians who have become media commentators. Another hard core conservative who often appears is Ms Jacinta Nampijnpa Price of Alice Springs... she isn't "put in the hot seat" but comments freely according to her own perspective.

I understand why the female facilitators would want a larger number of women panelists when other programs have a much larger number of male panelists. To me it doesn't matter what gender a person likes to call themselves, if they have valid points to make in a coherent manner... just as it doesn't matter about a person's religious views. Cultural views in Aus do need discussion when appropriate to the subject matter and First Australian and Muslim cultural issues are pertinent and so the inclusion of people representing those cultures are naturally present... doesn't this make sense?

My view is my own @nursery... I'm certainly not a leftist. All I ask of any media is to present matters in an unbiased manner, and without any commercial interest. The ABC and SBS do this.

cheers Scott.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.