how long can you survive without food

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    A man has survived after being trapped for 2 months in his car in snow.

Some years back a man survived for more like 3 months on just a chocolate bar for 3 months.

People think this is nonsense!

I went 30 days without anything but water and it was easy. Easier than giving up smoking.

Yes, we need water in hot environments. No we don't need to carry water bottles to walk down the street as we see and it makes me laugh. Most "animals" need a drink once a day as a "normal" thing.

Depending on our fat supply and our age etc, and how much exertion we intend to do, we could easily do 2 months and maybe 3.

My experience is that not eating means you lose 1 pound a day with minimal effort.

In my 30 days of not eating, I did lose 30 pounds.

The big plus was what it did to your taste buds.

After not eating for a month, the most bland of foods was awesome in flavour.

Not something I recommend BUT interesting if you ever have to survive in dire circumstances.

Why did I do it? I went into a religious phase for a few years and the fasting was my seeking and praying whether my conviction was justified.

The end result. I love the philosophical aspects of many religions BUT there is NO god. At least that I can make sense of.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.