BMN 4.88% $2.73 bannerman energy ltd

how long till the 20's

1. 1,381 Posts.
    So, the world is endined and the nuclear industry as we know it is going to collapse (*), so BMN's price isnt going to be looking good for a couple of weeks at least. Its holding up remarkably well given EXT is down 25% today and BMN is only down 15%.

I believe someone posted on another thread that the chinese are now putting their plans on hold so they can review their projects, which probably wont be that long, but I think this falls into the classic category of "It sounds bad so it is bad. Sell first, think later.".

With this sort of movement, I dont think we can expect a rapid spot (<3mth) price recovery. This means BMN probably wont do a deal by June/July unless management pull off a coup. That means more slippage on development and possibly more capital raising and more dilution. Given that the spot price is now in the 40's (**), BMN again falls into the uneconomic category for the short term.

Assuming this business with japan drags on for some time, my question is how long do people think it will be till we hit the 20's or the teens? Or do you, for some reason, think we will not hit the 20's at all?

Personally, I can see us repeating the Dec 2009-March 2010 movement where there are a couple of dead cat bounces like yesterday followed by a long protracted fall to low numbers.

Important notes to read:
    (*) Note this is tongue in cheek, sarcasm etc.
    (**) Yes I know we're trying to do deals at LT prices, but spot will influence those negotiations as its a buyers market now

For disclosures sake I got out at varying prices between 45 and 48 for the marjority of my holdings. As a result my perspective has changed from hoping for the best in the short term, to hoping for good buying opportunities to give me another chance at good profits.

For holders who continue to hold, believe me I understand your pain. I held through GFC mark 1, I held through the PFS ($1.15->25c) and bought in the 20s both times despite colossal losses. Thats how I managed to end up with such a large holding. I will look to revisit that approach when we're in the 20's or maybe the teens if we get there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.73
Change
-0.140(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $479.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.78 $2.79 $2.65 $1.990M 729.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $2.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.74 5570 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.