NWH 9.72% $3.50 nrw holdings limited

How low is too low?, page-23

1. 1,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Hi Skunkyz,

It is stressful when your loss is increasing steadily and there's no news coming.

Maybe to keep things in perspective, a lot of the short selling is closed out quickly. Yes, the gross short sell was 0.78% of issued capital for that day but the aggregate short selling increase for e.g. Mon 9th March - to Mon 16th March (6 days) was approx 0.5% of issued capita (so a fraction is new longer term shorting). See the chart at: http://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=NWH

The aggregate short positions are drifting up for sure, and in the absence of a re-rating by larger investors (which will need some actual news - leaked or announced), it is having an effect on the share price. Some of the shorters are making money (the ones who are good and the ones who are robots). Longer term holders who capitulate help them with this and some of the shorters on average struggle to do it well and lose also.

There are some high conviction shorters I'm sure and small number of buys from investors who decide the lower price increases the margin of safety. But there's a lot of churning, so what harm? If a positive re-rating occurs the day traders will swap shirts and help the share price to go north!

As an investor, I think there is risk in NWH - but it's not from the shorters.

The company's likely revenue and profit, affected by the Samsung negotiation and any new contracts awarded is where an investor needs to focus I think. I try not to focus on the share price - when there's no news. From your posts, you sound like you're an investor not a day trader.

Just my opinion, hope it helps!

Cheers,
    pb

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.50
Change
0.310(9.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.574B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.36 $3.55 $3.35 $17.86M 5.145M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 47573 $3.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.51 111677 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.