RMS 2.33% $1.89 ramelius resources limited

"How low will they drive RMS SP down?" Who are "they"? Always...

1. 4,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2656
    "How low will they drive RMS SP down?" Who are "they"? Always amusing when the boogieman gets sighted by someone on hc.

In this case I suggest any boogieman is the Ramelius top team themselves. They have had a very average 18 months or so in terms of building this company, they have a relatively new chair, a relatively new head geologist, a MD that has hardly been heard from in over 2 months, a grand plan for step change growth that they have been promising for over 15 months but have not delivered yet, the seemingly impluse buy of a very average relatively early stage development site at Rebecca which offers nothing to the company or the share price in the short to meium term but the stubborn refusal to pick some relatively low cost low hanging fruit in the form of the Dalgaranga mill that would deliver an immediate and longer term sugar hit.

You really can't have a go at the market for marking Ramelius as a B minus. I've followed this company for well over a decade but I've not seen it as lethargic as it currently is. Something has to change imo.

I've not seen any evidence that Bob Vassie has done anything other than collect his pay cheques since he joined as chair in late 2020, so that would be as good a place to start. My preference back in 2020 was for Ramelius to follow a recent trend of mining companies appointing long term MD's as executive chairs. In that vein I thought back then that Mark Zeptner had earned a shot as executive chair of Ramelius and depending on his current state of mind and whether he can pull his finger out I would still like him to be given that chance. If for whatever reason MZ is "spent" an added advantage of Ramelius taking over Gascoyne is that the latter has a hungry youngish MD, an ex Northern Star executive, called Simon Lawson, who seems to have the fire in the belly to grow a gold company (but MZ has already proven his worth so he would be by far my first preference).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.89
Change
-0.045(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $2.162B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.94 $1.94 $1.88 $7.821M 4.113M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 89751 $1.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.91 14263 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.