It seems a lot of eggs, watso. Eggs are not just protein(in the...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    It seems a lot of eggs, watso. Eggs are not just protein(in the white), they also have many vitamins and minerals, plus fat (in the yolk).
    I've just looked it up and a medium sized egg has 72 calories, 6.3g protein and 4.8g fat.

An egg is not an egg, though. There's a significant difference in size. I buy the Extra Jumbo which would be half as large again as the small/average size.

We used to be very concerned about the cholesterol and were recommended to only have 2 eggs per week. Then the clever nutritionists said oops, we were wrong about that - we now know that the cholesterol in eggs does not convert to blood cholesterol which is formed in the liver.

Might be no harm in all those eggs, but I'd prefer a more moderate diet with reasonable amounts of most things rather than an intense consumption of one food. If you're having 12 eggs a day, watso, that's 864 calories before you add the bananas at about 100 cal each for large one, plus sugar if you put that in the smoothie.
    And if you're eating other stuff as well, it might be not too surprising that you're gaining weight.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.