I was having a discussion with a fellow petrol head the other...

1. 35,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

I was having a discussion with a fellow petrol head the other day that owns a very collectible Australian muscle car. We were trying to work out what's going to happen to them once evs are at price parity with ice cars.
    While his old rocket will most likely hold it's value, we couldn't say that for normal vehicles.

We both came to the conclusion that normal cars will become pretty much worthless overnight once evs match them on price.

Why would you buy an ice car if an ev will do everything for the same sticker price ? Cheaper to own. Full tank every morning. Better performance. Ultimately upgradeable.

We both drive late model vehicles that don't need replacing for a good few years yet. We both agreed that it's not worth updating an ice car anymore. I'm sure that's not the same for all people. If you need a new reliable car, you need it regardless. However, if you only change out your cars every 6 to 8 years or so and your car is only 2 or 3 years old, it might be wise to wait.

i suspect a lot of people are doing that now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.