GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi, Perhaps you think this is a useless post, and if so please...

1. 3,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1089
    Hi,
    Perhaps you think this is a useless post, and if so please excuse me. However, I currently have 23 gold stocks on the ASX and am currently attracted to another couple. This is in addition to my other 41 non-gold stocks. You see, I am an investor who spends a lot of time researching and tracking ASX stocks. At present, I have a 67% to 33% split across gold producers and explorers by value (reespectively). In view of current market preferences, I favour producers over explorers but retain a number of explorers because they can turn into producers with a higher return. I have also been increasing my gold company holdings in view of current macro-economic conditions.
    I am an investor and an analyst, I am not a geologist and I have not worked in the gold mining industry. Hence, I have limited ability to evaluate mining reports and look to the opinions of others. As a result, I value the opinions given on HotCopper from experienced people.
    I am curious as to what others think about my spread of gold stocks and as to how they approach the sector. My strategy is to spread my investments with a limited amount in each stock as a way of managing risk when I am not expert in the gold mining industry.
    So far, I have a positive realised return on my gold investments at 23% since Jan 1 2016 (realised, means that I have sold out on a holding and it does not account for any current holdings). The percentage is simply a total of the return on each sale and does not include any reinvestment factor or time factor.

Thanks in advance for any informed comment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.