GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

How many gold stocks are enough?, page-29

1. 2,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I am not nearly clever enough to know the future. Given that 90% of posters here do know the future it is a somewhat surprising that so few have any money or investments. MySMSF is 10% in Gold for a simple reason: I don’t know the future. The US Markets were overstretched and they have come back a bit. To me, a crash is unlikely. Interest rates are still very low, with the 10 year note rate falling to 2.7% ...not quite what the overexcitable HC Gold Team were calling a couple of months ago! Given that the ASX has been about the worst performing Stockmarket over the past 30 years it is unlikely to fall as much as the US if a crash did occur: hardly a glowing endorsement of Australia! 

So,a time to be cautious but not a time to hunker down imo. The Banks are starting to look like value imo....yeah, yeah, housing crash etc., Bank doomsayers should look at bank exposure a little more critically: many punters are sitting on huge capital gains. There is mortgage insurance and many mortgages have been flogged off to punters so the banks have handed on some of their risk.

GL with your investments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.