GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Uncertainty leads to gold investment as the historical surety of...

1. 3,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1089
    Uncertainty leads to gold investment as the historical surety of value, albeit there is a lack of earnings return unless you buy into established gold producers, as many of us do.
    I am not aware of anyone who advises 100% investment in gold. It is normally used as a hedge against declining currencies and inflation although many people play it as a trading item, whether through the metal itself or through gold mining companies.
    Gold companies typically provide a higher leverage to gold movements and so are often the focus of investors on the stock markets.
    The gold market has its own life and the various gold companies around the world follow that. You can make a career in the gold market in its various forms of engagement, if you want.
    Currently, there has been a strong increase in the gold price and related activity. I think a significant part of this is from sentiment as to the direction of world markets but equally it is the result of movements in the US$ in which the price of gold is expressed. All things being equal, if the US$ goes down, the price of gold goes up so that it retains its value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.