BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

I suspect confusion reigns at RAU, which would make a lot of...

1. 60 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I suspect confusion reigns at RAU, which would make a lot of sense right now given the state of affairs.

Late last week the notice of meeting was released giving an EGM meeting date of 30th October at the Bowler's Club. Very apt location. Hopefully an indication that Ray and his fellow distinguished board members will retire immediately after the meeting to take up membership at said club and while away their retirement hours on the green carpet/lawn.

The Grant Thornton "Independent" Experts Report came out a few days later minus Appendix E. Very sloppy work GT, about as sloppy as the report itself. I've had a good read and do agree with Sentia. I wonder who actually wrote this report. Maybe it actually was GT and it was done on the cheap as RAU doesn't have any of its own cash left, so GT just did a copy and paste from some of RAU's announcements. Extremely shallow analysis on the political situation in Bolivia that caused Ray to panick earlier in the year and an even shallower analysis on the gold price. I hope Ray's new project for RAU isn't a gold one because reading the GT report gives one no hope for the future of gold. Particularly if you are one of the world's 25% of producers now whose total cost of production is in line with GT's long-term forecasts. So either GT is wrong, or we're about to see a lot of mines closing down, particularly in South Africa.

And now today the missing Appendix E gets released. BUT the company secretary, Mr Geddes now tells us in his covering letter that should have said "apologies for forgetting this" that the EGM is on 14th November!

WHICH DATE IS IT? Perhaps we need to wait until tomorrow for a bit of clarity. Its probably better for Ray and his boys to have the November date. I suspect the EGM might be a bit firey, which might mean Ray and the boys are too flustered after it and would probably miss another quarterly report deadline. Imagine a company that doesn't trade because there are no buyers being suspended. Its a bit like the ASX labeling today's missing Appendix E as "price sensitive." Perhaps that's a little inside joke in the ASX. They must have fun in there with companies like RAU!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.