ECT 16.7% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

how many modules?, page-2

1. 3,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Thanks BB1812 for having a shot at answering my question and for giving it its own thread. I like the title but thought it could include a second question, which is:

What Exactly Is A Module?

Noone on these boards seems to be able to answer (a) what is a module and (b) how many modules will it take to process ~30 mtpa of LY lignite.

Obe wan was kind enough to respond to my question but did so by pointing out the flaws in the autoclave approach. It was interesting to see that slagging get so many TU (eyes half shut?) - but it didn't answer the questions - what, how many, and footprint required etc.

I have the Coldry patent and will be reading it again over the weekend. If noone here can sufficiently answer the questions then I might go to the source and ask Ashley next week.

I have a huge investment in this tech because I believe in it. But I want to know the details, naturally.

For those who are interested here is my original post:

A 200,000 tpa single module Coldry commercial demo plant will cost ~70m. Arup is/has DFT for a 2 mtpa commercial scale plant comprising multiple modules. Let's assume it's 10 modules for the 2 mtpa. That's 10x the demo scale.

Now as I understand it LY digs up ~30 mtpa. Does this mean that the scale up would require adding to the 2 mtpa 10 module plant another 140 modules? (2 mtpa = 10 modules + 140 = 150 modules to get to 30 mtpa). These are very raw numbers I know, but it makes me wonder about scale of investment $$$ that may be required over the coming years to get Coldry up to full capacity, if by that is meant processing the ~30 mtpa at LY. It also sounds like they'll need a lot of real estate at LY to build on judging by the size of the single module plant.

I'm a software engineer so this kind of engineering and its economies of scale I am not familiar with. Please enlighten me.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.515K 504.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 13357839 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11826592 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.