Hello barg, I know of your method from my grandad, he did the...

1. 17,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    Hello barg,

I know of your method from my grandad, he did the same as you,

When I was a kid, every xmas school holidays my brother and I used to stay at nana and granddads house, but they were always in a new house almost every year,

Grandad used to install patios on the back of houses, I used to help him, it was my first work experience,

I earnt pocket money and I used to buy lollies and bait, the lollies for me to eat and the bait to catch blue mana crabs on the foreshore in Mandurah, every crab I caught grandad used to give me 25 cents to buy more lollies, lol,

I loved life then, it was simple and for me life was easy, swimming of the jetty on the Mandurah foreshore catching blue mana crabs eating lollies, then I grew up really fast,

I miss my grandad, ,,,,

some days I wish I could sit down and talk to him about life, I used to talk to him all the time, he only ever got upset with me once,

And that was when we were installing a patio for an old fella in a place called coodanup, in Mandurah, this old fella offered me something to eat and I said thank you but nana already made me lunch, I didn't understand why grandad was so upset, and then years later I realised that this old fella was being kind and generous, and it was an honour for him to make me lunch, I remember grandad didn't eat lunch that nana made but instead excepted lunch from this old fella we were working for, I didn't tell nana that grandad threw her lunch in the bin on the way home, but I ate mine,

I never decline someone offering lunch or a coffee or a cake now, it's that person's way of saying thank you, come share a meal with me,

I guess I'll see him again one day,

I got to say good bye to grandad, and I told him that I loved him with all my heart,

And then life just moved on, I've forgotten what I wanted to say now,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.