how many posters bloggers are paid, page-6

1. 37,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400

I didn't see this post.

covering what I said this morning.

whilst bloggers/posters don't get any benefits directly from hotcopper apart from tipping contest.

I think there's at least 3 ways in which a poster could get a benefit from a company.

you have a very keen poster on a particular stock. who's made contact with the company. they (company) are aware of this person and what they bring to the company.

3 possible ways are as followed

1) poster becomes eligible as a "sophisticated investor". thus when a company does a capital raising for sophisticated investor. your poster is also offered to participate.

2) off market transfer. CEO/ director does a small off market transfer to the poster. in payment for support within hc community

3) obtains shares/options through AGM meeting & it's resolutions. I think most overlook this part as they don't know the persons real name, only know nickname from hotcopper. thus it gets passed pretty easily as consults remuneration.

4) so next time you see a poster going crazy on a particular stock ask the questions above and see how you fair. no doubt there's probably more than 3 ways to skin a cat.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.