MDI 16.7% 1.5¢ middle island resources limited

How many shares is CP still holding?, page-4

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Thanks mate. Great info! I have some views on Copulos and his overall relevance to holders. I’m thinking of long term holders of course, as you couldn’t find a stock less suited to traders. MDI’s reliance on exploration hype, drill results and MRE additions is virtually non-existent. For MDI, all of that stuff is just...whatever...more upside to add to our pile of upside. MDI is simple. It has a 700koz resource (with enough open pit to get momentum), a fully permitted mill and in the not too distant future a need for maybe $25m maximum to get to first pour. $25m is nothing in the scheme of things. The recent plum pudding cherry, even though only 24koz when I had hoped for maybe 75koz, will cover $25m on its own. We’ll have a relatively low AISC and therefore high margin based on current POG (despite Mr Trump’s unfortunate tweet). We all know POG could go much higher in the next 12 months, not that MDI needs it to. All of that adds up to a high likelihood, IMO, of MDI pouring gold. MDI pays its own way from there, and will have significant cash to splash on exploration, expansion, increased capacity for toll mining, M&A etc. So for me MDI is nothing more than a wonderfully boring business stock. It is not a hype or trend stock, not in the slightest. Nothing Copulos does, or any other holder or trader does, has any impact on any of the fundamental things MDI has and needs. With MDI it is just a matter of the business strategy playing out methodically over time. If MDI is successful in its quest to pour first gold (the final milestone), then based solely on what we already have and know, and even on current or conservative POG, we all win very handsomely. The reason I like MDI so much is I can’t think of what is going to stop MDI from pouring gold, profitably? POG crash? Maybe, but my money is on the opposite. Permits? No. Finance? For the balance of $25m after a CP, surely not. Grades? It’s open pit to start and largely brownfields anyway, so not likely. Any other ideas? I’m certainly interested in people’s take on the major risks and factors that might stop first pour (other than a TO which is same same but different). Anyhow, on that basis, and because I believe that if you’re in MDI for a quick buck or can’t handle some red on the journey to proper green, then you’re in the wrong place - I think Copulos selling and all the guessing games about his strategy and motivations are irrelevant (although your post is great and helpful and I’m pleased he’s low even though I’ve been enjoying the cheap buying). Copulos can sell if he wants, and people can complain about SP stagnation, and posters who don’t understand MDI can try to allege ramping and favouritism, and holders can hold their breath for announcements, and so on and so forth. Whatever. The reality is MDI will just bubble along under the radar and IMO eventually pour gold and be great. Will that mean a 100 bagger? No. A Disallowed? Probably not...although what if MDI finds some great opportunities with its cash? Or what if POG goes to $3,000? We’ll that could start to get very interesting indeed. For me, MDI, for a gold stock, is a wonderfully boring, solid and understated stock. Most of my other gold stocks I’m itching for the next announcement. Not MDI. I could switch it off for a year and look back then. Anyhow, I would be very interested in people trying to pick holes in my summary. Are there risks I’m missing or overly discounting? Remember, it’s a gold stock - so it’s all relative. If you don’t want some risk, then go get a term deposit with a negative real rate of return. GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.