SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

how many shorters here?, page-13

1. 3,147 Posts.
    I know it will try the nerves of the most hardened investor. That is why the annual report needs to be studied, presentations listened to and a feeling for the industry. If do that then have strength in ones conviction, holding is far easier.

Also, as a reassurance take a look around other companies that have rebounded strongly. Those that don't rebound tend to be companies that are losing money and having assets economic value. I recall being underwater a long way with Cochlear a few year back, heavily shorted and looking dire - within six month or so its SP had almost doubled 9and I was rewarded handsomely for a one year hold) Cochlear is fundamentally a sound company that suffered because of hedge funds spreading rumours of chinese competition that proved to be overstated.

Slater is similar - it earns cash - plus the added reassurance of its business. The likelihood of Slaters deceiving investing public is remote, I would think given they are lawyers. They have had ample opportunity to prepare us for the worse and have not done so. That is a telling story.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.