and what is light anyway.. It could be describe in a range of...

1. 22,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    and what is light anyway..

It could be describe in a range of ways, but the important one is - 1 John 1:5 God is light. John 1:4 In him is life; one aspect and here, is referring to The Word, God's and the life was the light of men. Again the light of men is His Word.
    Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    Prov 4:25-27 Let thine eye look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand or to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
    Psa 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for ever more.

Isa 55 and part thereof - As the rain comes down and waters the plants and gives bread to the eater, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth. And bring light and life.

All of the above was known by some in the OT times and most ignored it = John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. Many Doctor this verse and say the likes of, "it was about to come into the world".
    By gosh, in God's Name WHY would someone do that because CLEARLY from the OT, "IT", The Word was already in the world???
    The Word which is the light and path to -
    Matt 7:14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there find it.

Things not looking good for man, but never mind, God foreknew all this because in his foreknown plans, he had his Son slain from the foundation of the world (these foreknown plans are actually part of the meaning of "The Word", according to the Greeks meanings they give to Logos).
    This plan (Mystery of God) when the times were fulfilled Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been HID in God, who created ALL things. (Jesus didn't create re - Gen).

Jesus at John 1:14 (not at his birth) was sent into the world around his Baptism (John 17:18 confirms the meaning and timing of the "sent").
    Jesus's God and Father 1 Per 1:3 Gave Jesus a command of what to say and speak John 12:49.
    Jesus also spoke the word of God and had them all within because, He received the Spirit from whom The Word comes from = God, Without Measure.
    God is a Spirit and we know there is only one Spirit = The Holy Spirit is the Fathers personal Spirit.

Hence this light and life of men already in the world and which was in and part of The Almighty God and Father and known as The Word, Word of God, was now in Jesus resulting in the following - John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself: SO hath HE given to the Son to have life in himself. and in so doing, Jesus at - John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness,

And that is because he was giving The Word to them which was the eternal word, plan, life in the Father at the beginning.
    Which was given to the people in the past in divers manners (like angels, who people considered they were talking with God) AND in these last days, spoken unto us, by his Son.
    Jesus speaking the words of his Father said, the words I speak are Spirit and life. John 6:63
    1 John 1:1-2 tells us these (Word, Word's) which was from the beginning,,,,,,,,,,, the Word of life. Was with the Father.

The Mystery of man considering the above is - WHY in God's name would someone EVEN consider that John 1:1 "The Word" is Jesus in This Verse.

Probably not the LIGHT answer you were seeking however, it is the true light and it appears many have turned out this light and in fact it would seem, they never found the switch to turn it on

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.