Heard a knock at my front door earlier today, when I opened it I...

1. 980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Heard a knock at my front door earlier today, when I opened it I found 2 elderly ladies standing there holding a copy of "watchtower"

One of them said "Do you think there will ever be world peace " ? I said "Not until people stop believing in invisible gods" Then I kindly suggested they might be better of knocking on the next door.

Why do people do this ? What motivates them to walk around peddling such nonsense ? Why do people believe in a god, honestly I have never worked it out. The closest I can get is that they can not except that death is the end, they seem to want to live forever in some fairytale, make believe after life, why ?

People who believe such things are a little strange in my book, it makes no sense to believe in something that can not be proven. There is no evidence of a god, it must come down to faith

Faith is belief without evidence

I once went to a Christening and just as they put water on the baby's head my friend asked "what are they doing" ? I said "this is when they brainwash the baby"

Seems to me the only way to believe in a god is to be brainwashed when you are young because no critical thinking adult would seriously believe it

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.